Obsah fóra SE-tuning.cz » (SW) DB2020 - Dotazy

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď
If we say we dont want to be No.
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
lw789
Mírně pokročilý
Mírně pokročilý

Příspěvek #230981 Zaslal: 25.01.18 07:02    Předmět: If we say we dont want to be No. Citovat

PINEHURST, N.C. -- Bubba Watson has one thing going for him: So far, nobody else has a better chance at winning a second major this year. "Ive already got one," he quipped Tuesday. The two-time Masters champion came to Pinehurst this week for the U.S. Open hoping to become the first player since Tiger Woods in 2002 to win the years first two majors. "Any time you have that chance, its been a good year, because that means youve done well early," Watson said. The worlds third-ranked player is trying to join that short list of players to win both the Masters and U.S. Open in the same year. Its only happened six times and before Woods, nobody had done it since Jack Nicklaus in 1972. Watson is certainly hoping this attempt goes better than the last one. Two years ago at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, he missed the cut after shooting an 8-over-par 78 in his opening round. Through the years, the U.S. Open has provided a particularly vexing test for Watson, who has missed the cut in three of his seven Opens. His only top-10 finish came in 2007 when he tied for fifth at Oakmont -- perhaps the toughest of the courses that have staged golfs national championship. "A U.S. Open brings out challenges that were not used to, challenges that we can only take once a year or we would all find new jobs if we had to do it every week," Watson said. And a different set of them awaits this week at the revamped Pinehurst No. 2 course that looks nothing like it did when Payne Stewart (1999) and Michael Campbell (2005) won Opens here. Watson it called "a second-shot golf course" and said it bears no resemblance to the Augusta National course hes twice conquered "except its 18 holes, thats about it." The multi-million-dollar restoration to Donald Ross original design, removed the rough and left only two cuts of grass -- fairway and green. Birdies figure to once again be rare at the U.S. Open, where bogeys arent necessarily bad and the winner is often the one who takes the smartest shots and makes the fewest mistakes. Hell find out over the next few days if his daring "Bubba golf" style will work on a course that has only two par-5s. Watson leads all PGA Tour players with an average driving distance of 314 yards -- a distinct advantage at the various courses on the tour. But maybe not at Pinehurst No. 2, where sandy hardpan, wiregrass and weeds make up what used to be the rough. "Its all about the tee shots. Im going to try to lay farther back than normal, because its still iffy hitting in that -- I dont know what they call it, rough, dirt, sand. ... But its going to be iffy. You dont know what kind of lies youre going to get." Get through that and out of the fairways, and those notoriously tricky turtleback greens -- which a smiling Watson repeatedly called "unfriendly" -- await. The "U.S. Open is challenging you at all levels. If you want to be a man and hit driver off that tee, you can," he said. "If you want to lay back and try to play smarter, you can. ... You have the ability to do it, now can you do it at that moment, is what the key is. "So I think the U.S. Open is doing that, its just thats what theyre trying to create," he added. "Theyre trying to create a challenge for everybody, and you can play it aggressively or you can play it smartly." Terry Bradshaw Jersey . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys . Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-LeVeon-Bell-Elite-Jersey/. - Henrik Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar each had two goals and two assists as the Edmonton Oil Kings secured top spot in the Eastern Conference by defeating the host Red Deer Rebels 7-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Kevin Greene Jersey .C. -- North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried said his team had a "golden" opportunity to help its NCAA tournament chances. James Conner Jersey . But when it was all over they had wasted another lead, seen another pitcher flame out on the mound and lost their fourth straight at home.VANCOUVER -- Canada has set a goal of finishing first in the overall medal standings at the Sochi Winter Olympics. Snowboarders will in all likelihood have to play a key role if theres any chance of meeting that lofty target. The first five members of the Canadian contingent heading to Sochi next month were unveiled Friday, led by a three-time Olympian and an unlikely superstar from the Prairies. "We definitely have an amazing group and an amazing team and to be a part of it is great," said Maelle Ricker, who won gold in snowboard cross at the 2010 Olympics. "We have strong athletes in all the disciplines and Im very honoured and excited." Sochi will be Rickers third Games, but at age 35, the West Vancouver, B.C., native is still seen as a favourite in her event where competitors race down a course side-by-side. "I would love to perform at my best (again)," she said after Fridays news conference. "Definitely every time I put my snowboard on thats what Im aiming to do and hopefully we get some good results because of it." Apart from Ricker, another Canadian expected to contend for a medal is Mark McMorris. The 20-year-old from Regina is the two-time defending Winter X Games champion in slopestyle, an acrobatic snowboard discipline set to make its Olympic debut in Sochi. "It feels amazing," McMorris said of being named to the Canadian team. "Its going to be a fun time. Ive been preparing like a mad man and I think Im ready." Other rookie Olympians named to Canadas squad were Sebastien Toutant of LAssomption, Que., Spencer OBrien of Courtenay, B.C., and Calgarys Chris Robanske. Toutant and OBrien will compete in slopestyle, while Robanske is entered in snowboard cross. The rest of the team will be named Jan. 21. Canada won 26 medals -- including three in snowboard -- at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, good for third behind the United States (37) and Germany (30). An even bigger performance will be required in Russia to accomplish the Canadian Olympic Committees goal of finishing first. "If we say we dont want to be No. 1, were striving for mediocrity and were not going to do that. We will strive to be the best," said Canadian chef de mmission Steve Podborski, who won bronze in mens downhill skiing at the 1980 Olympics.dddddddddddd "When we went into (the 2006 Games), we had no notion that we could strive to be No. 1 and now we are looking at that. "So why not? Its going to be tough, maybe impossible, but you strive for impossible dreams." The laid-back McMorris doesnt put any added emphasis on his own performance when overall team goals are mentioned. "Whenever anybody looks at you to win theres pressure," he said. "Ive been able to have a lot of success over the last three years and consistently podium or win events. "Im in one event and my goal is to win a gold medal and if I do so, that will be a big help." With the Olympics set to begin Feb. 7, OBrien said shes looking forward to being part of a team after competing for years as an individual. "Theres definitely a lot of expectations, especially on me, Mark, Seb, Maelle, everyone thats been performing so well these last of couple years," said the 25-year-old. "I think its really special. Its a unique experience to have your country behind you." OBrien won gold in womens slopestyle at last years world championship, but added the Games are on another level. "An Olympic medal, youre winning it for your country, youre not just winning it for yourself," she said. "Its such a special opportunity and Id like nothing more than to bring one back to Canada." The Olympics werent even on the 21-year-old Toutants radar until it was announced that slopestyle would be included at Sochi. "Were used to competing in front of a lot of people and a lot of cameras, but we compete for sponsors and we compete for ourselves," he said. "To be able to compete for your country is huge. "The world is going to be watching." Podborski said there will be "enormous challenges" facing athletes in Sochi, but stressed the level of Canadian sport has come a long way since he competed more than three decades ago. "These athletes are the finest our country can produce," he said. "These are sophisticated, world-class athletes and I expect them to do very, very well." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra SE-tuning.cz » (SW) DB2020 - Dotazy Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejdi na: